Wednesday, April 27, 2022

HQCB Color Heart Challenge #3 in Orange

 Color Heart Challenge #3 is Orange--

starts April 28, 2022 and ends March 13, 2022

time of day for each is the same: 12:30am Central Time USA/Chicago or 6:30am UK


 Heart's Quest Challenge Blog is all about using hearts and love on paper-crafting or hybrid projects. Acceptable project types are cards/ATCs, bookmarks/tags, journals/TN spreads, and scrapbook layouts. It will be lovely to see what your heart leads you to create for Color Heart Challenge #3

Requirements for the challenges at HQCB are changing slightly and hopefully it will be easier for crafters worldwide to combine with other challenge blogs that are available.

Let's get our creative mojo going! Here are the details:

Use at least 1 orange heart (this is Heart's Quest for a reason)

and 

have dominant usage of orange tones or shades 

in the project.

_______________________

We are delighted to welcome Lori Barrett Stroup as HQCB Guest Designer for the Color Heart in Orange Challenge #3.



A bit of profile about Lori and where to read details about her charming layout:

Hello! My name is Lori and I am so excited to be a guest designer for this challenge! I live in a small SW Missouri town with my husband, Scott, and we have three adult kids and one spoiled rotten granddaughter. I have been scrapping since 1998 and I love it just as much today as I did when I first started. I love spending time in my scrap room - looking back at all that has happened and preserving those memories. I have been a traditional 12x12 scrapper since the beginning but have also fallen in love with Project Life and working in my traveler's notebooks - my two preferred formats at the moment! I am also a card-maker and a cross-stitcher. You can find my work on my blog - My Happy Life -  and I would love it if you followed me on Instagram - you can find me here - @lori_670.


Here is the direct link to my blog post for the challenge - https://loriannie670.blogspot.com/2022/04/birthday-cupcakes-hearts-quest.html



________________________

Inspiration project #1 from Becca: Owl-ways give thanks mixed media/junk journal style 6" square card


 A few design notes on card #1: Hampton Arts 2019 assorted color feather tags and also the assorted color oval tags; I added orange glitter paint pen to the upper half of the feather and to the inside border  on the oval tag. The large foam heart was light pink. The same orange glitter paint pen was applied to it and then black pen for the border design. Star and owl stickers are from my stash. Also the gems, cardstocks, adult coloring page section, and an old stamper were old items that I gathered in my quest for orange. On the coloring page section, the orange glitter paint pen was applied only to the stems. 3 different tones of orange markers were used to add color to some of the flower petals and leaves.


This card has lots of tones and shades of orange along with a few touches of pink with some stars and gems as well as a bit of turquoise in a star and the little owl wings. 



Inspiration project #2 from yours truly: "keep soaring up"


A few design notes: the printer scanner light faded out the neon orange to a butternut squash and is 6" square. Paper washi tapes are from stash along with the old "HB" stamp and the glitter hearts. Those are a deep red-orange. Orange marker was applied and an orange glitter paint pen. The blue cardstock scraps are stash. And the golden edged moth was found at Dollar Tree (!!) as part of a wall stickers set. I've used 3 hearts and lots of varying tones and shades seen in the moth, hearts, and 2 washi tapes.




Now it's your turn!

What is your heart telling you to create? What is it telling you to search for? Go on a treasure quest amongst your stash supplies. What will you find? GD Lori had baking cupcakes as her heart story. What will be your heart story?

INLINKZ address tool is how to make your entry. Top 3 bragging rights as a Pursuit Achiever is possible. This competition ends in the early hours (at least for me) on May 13, 2022.

link=


https://fresh.inlinkz.com/p/63550f1cf5f74c6d834664ba029b08c4

INCENTIVES=

==>To build blog followers and participant entries, I will offer a prize to the #5 and #10 entries!!!!

Odds are if you enter the max of 3 times or even enter 2 projects, you might get #5 or #10. Love theme #2 ending April 27th reached its first ever 3rd, 4th, and 5th entries in the days prior, so #5 is getting a prize. I realize starting a new challenge blog takes time to gain 'membership' but it doesn't hurt to have an incentive motivation to help keep the deadline in your thoughts.

2 micro thin decorative tapes in bold vibrant geometric patterning is what I've picked that each gets. Remember #5 and and #10, but there has to be #1-4 and #6-9 in order to reach these stepping stones in building participation. Please tell your crafty friends, especially for those who love to do formats like journaling, TNs, pocket page layouts, etc. 



<3  *  <3  *  <3  *  <3

With heartfelt appreciation for your participation and support of HQCB!

--Becca S, owner of HQCB and FQCB

Challenges for Days has us posted as "other dates" and so does Paper Playful. So make sure to use their sidebar category choices to keep track of HQCB. 

\/

HQCB Valentine's Day Card Challenge page

AND if that isn't enough, look for the page link for a new once monthly (13 day period) HQCB Valentine's Day Cards Challenge. The V-Day Theme #1 is using the options of heart shape/word or word love AND a doily. (How many of us put paper doilies on our shoe box Valentine card holders in grade school?? or on our cards?...I still do. It's very classic)


2 comments:

  1. Very cute card made by the guest designer, and by Becca! Thank you Becca for introducing me to your challenge blog! :) Hugs, Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I accept other formats besides cards: ATCs, journal pages/spreads, TN spreads, scrapbook layouts, bookmarks, and tags so crafters can do quite a variety with the themes. I appreciate your support, Mary!!!

      Delete

HQCB #52 Make Your Own Combo Theme starts 14 April 2024

  Heartfelt Greetings to HQCB  #52 Make Your Combo  Theme Main Post Heart's Quest Challenge Blog #52 theme badge is shown below now with...